Windows Server 2003 Support ends today
Just like your doctor advises you on medical health or your accountant advises you on your financial standing, we’re here to advise you about today’s important date and several decisions you should make.
If you are using the Windows Server 2003 operating system it will continue to work, however your key business applications may be compromised.
You’ve been hearing about EOS for Windows Server 2003 – happening today; what does it mean to you?
- Non-compliance – If your business is subject to independent audits, outdated software can lead to failure in passing the compliance audit.
- Increase in operating costs – With the need for intrusion detection systems and advanced firewalls required to protect a now vulnerable Windows Server 2003 platform, the investment to maintain ageing hardware will rise.
- Security risks – Windows Server 2003 will not receive any Microsoft security updates, patches or hotfixes and consequently be prone to potential security risks. As a result, your business-critical applications could be compromised, enabling data theft and unauthorised transactions.
- Software and hardware compatibility – New software applications and hardware devices are not gauranteed to be compatibile with Windows Server 2003 . Therefore, when you invest in new software, you may experience some performance issues.
As a Microsoft business partner, Dalycom can help you immediately by taking the following actions:
- Identify your Windows Server 2003 instances and assess the business critical apps that are running on them
- Construct & Manage a plan for your migration
- Manage your migration so your business is minimally impacted and you are protected
Prevention is better than cure – you may not experience any issues in the short-term, but in the future your organisation can be compromised at any point. Windows Server 2003 will increasingly become a target for hackers and therefore pose a greater security risk.
If you are still running on Windows 2003 and would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.