Digital Communications Technician Installer
We are recruiting for a digital communications technician to help maintain our customers’ data networks & devices and provide maintenance support to a varied and often a prestigious customer base.
- Data, Voice, and CCTV installations, which include, 1st and 2nd fixing cabling throughout a range of sites, from retail through to commercial office spaces.
- Working between the office base and customer sites across the UK from retail through to commercial office spaces.
- Fault finding and reporting on cabling issues and various communication systems, telephony, data networks, Wi-Fi, CCTV.
- Completing and maintaining company and customer paperwork, site plans and related documents
- Assisting with the maintenance of Voice and Data networks and communication systems
- Assisting with the maintenance of IT systems and CCTV.
- Undertake C&G 3667-02 Copper and Fibre Programme.
- Undertake training and industry related courses that benefit the job role (when applicable)
- The right candidate will have a strong work ethic, have good communication skills and a keen attitude to keep up with the latest technological advances in data and telecoms.
- Previous data cabling experience essential.
- Proficient at Cat5e installations and testing.
- Proficient at installations of comms cabinets and patching
- Ability to read site plans and plan work
- Effective communication skills, able to liaise with internal and external personnel
- Experience with fault finding and rectifying faults
- CW1308 and Cat6 experience desirable
- Attentive listener with the ability to follow instructions.
- You must be flexible to travel and work across the UK.
- Hold a Full UK driving license (or working to this).
- Good literacy, numeracy, and IT skills.
- Keen attitude to learn and develop.
- Punctual and dependable.
- ECS Data comms Specialist minimum card.
What we offer:
- 40 hours per week contracted hours
- Salary £21,840 – £26,000 (negotiable dependable on experience)
- Excellent overtime rates paid
- Company Van
- Training leading to qualification
- Company Pension
- Company Insurance
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Birthday holiday
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org